Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Review Diaries (One for Sorrow Two for JoyTino De Sa)

Name of the book- One for Sorrow Two for Joy
Tino De Sa.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
Has there ever been this one place where you find peace?
Like you reach there and all is well?
For me it's always been Calcutta, wherever I go it's always her that I come back to. This book somehow made me feel homesick in my self proclaimed house arrest so I took a trip around my city. Thanks again for that.
Coming back to the book, it's one cool read.
There were things I found out that made me nostalgic as well, like Auntie Philu throwing red chillies in the fire to ward off the evil eye, something my Pamma which my nickname for my Thamma or grandma in my father's side.
And yes some stories made me a tad bit teary eyed and then there were times I smiled and giggled.
Honestly speaking it was an afternoon well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment