Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Review Diaries (Midnight Sun by Faiz Yusuf)

Name of the book - Midnight Sun by Faiz Yusuf.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
Ever a get paper cut?
Hurts right?
Ever scrapped a knee?
Now combine them both and that the kinda of raw emotions you will see coming from this books in leaps and bounds.
I loooooooooooooved reading it, like every single word, every emotion it it brought forward. In times when it is easy to feel restless or even numb be ready to feel a plethora of emotions with this one.
Personally I adore poems but there is a big catch, the poems written in blank verses don't or rather didn't do it for me. One of my biggest influences, told me that rhyming and being lyrical are two different things, that a poem should be like a song, it should have it's own background score and this book had it in full.
The two parts of Dawn and Dusk reminded me of Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience.
In short today was a good day with this gem of a book.
QQ(quick question)- Ever read something that left you feeling way too many emotions at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment