Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Review Diaries (A Love Fest by D. J. Syngai)

 Name of the book- Q Love Fest by D. J. Syngai.

Stars given - 10.5 on 5 stars… yes you read it right…

My take on the book-

Before anything else let me gush about this preeeeeeety book cause oh my heart it's soooooo amazing. Another reason I am so partial to this book is cause I have a sari of the same color, it's like the book choose me… it's fate. This is a Writer's Workshop book where this limited edition gold-embossed, hand-switched, hand pasted and hand-bound book was assembled.

Yes the book is very impressive and the poems make you feel so many emotions, just like a poem should.

My personal favorite, I know I shouldn't pick favorites cause it's not a very grown-upy thing to do, but #suchamanalithingtodo ,was Not Looking to Gatsby. This one resonates with me in a way that I can't possibly express in words, it's a feeling of knowing something is wrong for you and yet craving it after you yourself have pushed it away.

Oh my Lord!

I sound like a raving lunatic but love if a poem doesn't move you to madness did you even read one? Was it even a poem in the first place?

Ps one thing I personally would have loved even more was if instead of blank verses all of them were in rhymes…

No comments:

Post a Comment