Saturday, July 25, 2020

Review Diaries (Once There Was Me)

This is the second book I am reading by the author and like the first one this one too made me feel a plethora of feelings.
Partition is something that I have heard a lot about from my grandparents, so that has always been a sore subject for me to read or heard about.
Also as a person who is not only religious but also spiritual as well, I believe that love is love and no one is a bad person they make bad choices that not only effect them but others as well.
Now coming back to the story, it was one of those stories that kept you on your toes, with the good-the bad-and the very heart breaking.
There were many things that were mentioned here that I knew about, but somethings were new and opened my eyes to the back stories of certain historical events.
This semi autobiography has made me a fan of non-fiction as well. Fiction will always have a special place in my heart, but from now onwards I will keep an open mind about non fiction as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment