Friday, March 12, 2021

Review Diaries (The Bitter Half by Simon)

 Name of the book - The Bitter Half by Simon

Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.

My take on the book-

This one was a major eye opener!

It made me sit up and take notice.

Many a times we hear things in the news but sometimes there is more to the story, that's for sure.

I am not one for giving out spoilers so I am going to just tell you what my feelings were after I was done with the book.

I was outraged with a few characters, their attitude, their audacity. I went to my Mimi to vent out my feelings and Baba heard me so he gave me an information that made my head spin. My father is an ex police officer and on hearing that I read a book about false statements and GD he said that this kind of cases are horrible and has greater aftereffects that many don't realize. A country like ours, where we still into victim blaming and shaming, many cases are not registered cause the family doesn't want any type of scandal and all that "Log Kya Bolenge". Then comes these people who are blackmailing families and making a quick buck out of innocent people which in turn makes people distrust other victims.

At the risk of sounding like some agony aunt moral police some things are just too sacred to be floundered away, trust, promise and commitment are such things. Do not abuse, be it with your words or your actions, be it someone's trust or situation.

That's all from my side.

Ps this book is very well researched.

No comments:

Post a Comment