Monday, May 21, 2018

Crush Diaries

I am at my wits end, I kid you not world, I really really am. By now I hope you all are well acquainted with my over the top drama queen tendencies and my lack of filter which leads to over sharing and me leaving no stone unturned  to embarrass myself, but what can I say I learnt that from my Mimi. She pulls my leg, pokes fun at my expense & has a whale of a time attacking me with all things pun-ny and funny, so yeah like Mother like Daughter, she taught me to poke fun at myself so that no one else can. And I, like the good little kid I am, intend to take her work further and make joke like mountains out of everyday molehills.
So any way, yesterday I had decided to ask people, who are not really my own people (cause my people are all biased, actually they are not, they criticize the living day lights out of my works but also offer their shoulders for me to cry my literary tears on too , love my peps), so as I was saying, I was letting some strangers read my writings and judge it freely, what can I say I was feeling magnanimous. I texted this certain crush of mine (wink*wink). I wrote to him a grand crush letter. And no it did not start with a dear darling adorable crush, oh how I wish I could write to him like this, but never mind the what ifs and what could be. We are now talking about what actually happened people. I texted him and asked if he would be kind enough to be my very own academic guinea pig to which his prompt reaction was "huh?". Yeah what can I say my guy is a very practical, take no bullshit , so pragmatic that it hurts my eyes kinda guy. So I explained that I want you to read my writings and give me advice on what I should or shouldn't write. And surprisingly he was prompt with his reply, (you might just think why is this fact so worth mentioning, you see this guy takes his merry time to reply for he pretty much treats me like this juvenile delinquent he is babysitting, aww be still my beating heart.) So anyway his prompt reply was 
He- "NO".
Me - Aww thank you so much, will be sending you the rest of my writings... wait what! What do you mean by no? 
He- No means no, cause you have other people to help you who I think are better suited to help you.
(Note- What my crush said was kinda true, I do have people in my life who are very good at giving me advice on all things writings, but I wanted practical and pragmatic people reading my work too, at least that is what we are gonna call it and justify me pestering my crush and trying to spend some quality texting time with him.
So I write- Please be my literary guinea pig and help me in my quest to reach for the stars. Please, please, please, like pretty please, sugar coated, sprinkler decorated, cherry on top wala please be mine.
(Yeah I was trying my hand in double meaning talk, what can I say desperate times call for desperate measures.)
But he being he replied with a big, fat, resounding NO.
Ps no worries I have high hopes I will scale the high walls around his heart, fight the crocodiles around his tower, slay the dragon guarding his sleeping beauty of a heart. So people wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment