Saturday, May 19, 2018

Office Diaries meets Mimi Diaries

#So-what-I-have-grown-up,I-am-still-a-kid-at-heart-special

(Scene 1, An anonymous support group meeting is going on and we see our heroine as part of it)
Heroine- Hi my name is Manali Dey, and I am now part of the grown up world. 
People sitting around me- Hi Manali .
Then I see this guidance counselor looking like person, you know the ones you see in the movies.
Counselor-  Welcome Manali, so tell us how have you been adjusting to the world of adulting.
Me- I have joined this place where I have to work a full office day...
(Cue in gasps from the crowd and after accepting their sympathy I nod at them and continue) There have been days when I have had to survive office with only 3 hours of sleep, no chocolates and zero gossip. (And one of the individuals from the circle cries out)
Random Individual from the circle- Ohh the horror!
Guidance Counselor- Manali, you have been a stellar example of a reformed A-Kid-For-Ever-And-Ever-Syndrome. I am very glad that you have finally accepted yourself as a grown up person. I think it's about time you don't have to come to counselling and can move on in your life. Here is your "cured" pin and from now on....
And she is cut off by my cell phone
Me - I am so sorry. (And I look down at my phone and see it says Inside Voice calling) Wait what? How can that be?(I ask those people sitting around me)
Another random person- Well how would we know, this is after all your dream.
Me(thinking out loud) Ohh, now everything makes so much sense.
(Pick up the bloody phone, screams my phone)
Me(picking up the call) Hello?
Me( replies from the other side of the phone) Check out Instagram.
I do and see the new trailer for Jurassic World.
And I quickly call my Mimi up.
Mimi- Hello? Is everything ok?
Me- Jurassic World is releasing on the 23rd of June and you are taking me to the first day first show and buying me popcorn and a big coke and I am thanking you for it.
Mimi- Okay, you are welcome dear. Have a great day ahead.
And after I disconnect my phone I realize that I am in the office and my favorite boss is standing behind me with a "What just happened?" expression on his face. I open my mouth to explain and he promptly says "I am pretty sure I don't wanna know. Do whatever makes you happy. And yeah good work on the last reports" and leaves. Wise man he is you see.
Ps anyone who wants to join me is welcome, just leave your grown up soul behind cause it's Jurassic Park and things are bound to get loud, I mean fun... like really really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment