Monday, May 28, 2018

Heart to Heart Diaries (Closure Part 1)

closure
ˈkləʊʒə/
noun
noun: closure; plural noun: closures
  1. 1.
    an act or process of closing something, especially an institution, thoroughfare, or frontier, or of being closed.
    "hospitals that face closure"

  2. 2.
    a sense of resolution or conclusion at the end of an artistic work.
    "he brings modernistic closure to his narrative"
This particular word has been used time and again by us, at times with reason and within reason while other times very mindlessly and casually this particular word is used or rather thrown around.
I personally have a habit of telling this to my family(you know the ones whom I love, and care about that includes not only my relatives but also my friends whom I love a lot. They are the family that I choose to have and keep around and were not forced upon me due to blood or marriage. These are the people, for whom I will go to war for without a second thought. So I have always told this to "my people" that you need me, you get me. I am just a phone call or text away anytime of the day and any day of the week. So this weekend was kinda hectic due to my office work and I had taken up this writing challenge and was working on it like a crazed individual and finally was done by Saturday, 3 AM in the morning . I was getting ready for some much needed shut eye when I get a text from a junior of mine on facebook.
"HI" and that was it. I kid you not I thought of ignoring the text and calling her in the morning. And with this stupid plan I got all my pillows and stuffed toys in a row and was about to jump on the train for dream town when I remembered the time. It was a 3 AM text. "Shoot me" I thought to myself and jumped up to get my phone from the table where it was charging. "Heya kiddo what up?" I texted but got no immediate reply and then I looked up and saw "last seen 7 minutes ago". And I wanted to slap myself for two very different reasons.
One was cause I thought I was over-reacting and the kid had just pinged cause she saw me online and that was that or it could be the dreaded door number 2 and she actually needed help and I was a selfish sleep hungry moron and I deserve to be hanged till the cows come home. You see I have had this sort of "can I talk to you at 3 A.M." cravings and always had Mimi or some friend of mine or other to help me. Yes people I too have sad days, bad days, absolutely crappity crap days and I deal with them like any other person. I cry and shout and crib and nag and howl at the moon all the while I have some trusted peer with me, to catch me when I fall. I had promised myself long back that I will try and be as good to others as my people have been to me but I guess I too break my promises. I was real disappointed with myself. I felt so bad that I was close to tears, even now while writing about it I can feel my eyes stinging and my throat closing up. I just could not believe that I did this and then suddenly my phone vibrates.
I hurriedly try to unlock my phone, but mistype my password two times. I take a deep breath and type again and finally get it right.
Her- Hi Di, got a minute?

(Continued.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment