Friday, October 26, 2018

Review Diaries (Men And Dreams In The Dhauladhar by Kochery C. Shibu)

One of the key reasons I love reading is cause I get to us my imagination to decide how I wanna see a particular situation. How red the rose really was or how warm the first rays of the sun felt. The reader gets to have a say in all these. It's like seeing a movie in your mind and that's what is the best part about Men And Dreams In The Dhauladhar by Kochery C. Shibu.
This book is like a big movie one gets to enjoy in their mind. One gets to travel different places, experience a variety of emotions and the best part... It's a happy ending for all.
The author introduces one character after another in consecutive chapters. And in these chapters many a times we get a feel about their current situation and then back story about how the character came to be in the 'current situation' that we are seeing the said character in. When I started reading it felt like a series of short stories were vividly described. But as I kept on reading I realized that the author has deftly brought forward all the characters together in a way which did not feel forced at all. They worked together hand in hand and resulted in a story that gave insight on human emotions and on cultures of different regions and cultures. And be it the vivid descriptions of the places that the characters went to or the emotions that they felt.
From finding true love to 'night-shift' adultery, from hard working people to greed and then it's illegal effects, we get a glimpse of everything.
I personally loved it. And the cover too is very eye soothing.
But I have a confession the technical parts which were very necessary, went a bit over my head.
So I, Manali Dey, will give Men And Dreams In The Dhauladhar by Kochery C. Shibu 4.5 out of 5 stars.
It was a wonderful read.

No comments:

Post a Comment