Monday, October 29, 2018

Review Diaries (The Love Curse or Arrow Heart by Rebecca Sky)

Have you ever been in love?

Wait! I take that back, stupid question.

Of course you have been in love, sometimes it works out while at other times its DISASTROUS. And many a times it's one sided or as I call it first stages of being a masochistic person. And boy oh boy, if you grew up in India with Bollywood blaring it's head off on how wonderful your love is if you suffer for or from or the best of it all have it both. Yeah, if you detect heavy sarcasm there you are right or else I am loosing my sarcastic touch. Darn it!

Anyhu so when you see the love of your life- your lobster- your one and only (at least that's what it felt like for me) not give you much attention, you hope for a miracle so that they too fall for you. You hope for a day when your grandkids would ask him about your love affair, your crush turned husband would proudly say with a coy smile 'Your grandma made me fall for her. One moment I was dating this other chick and then poof! I see your grandma and it was like magic.' and then you two happily live together... forever!

Yeah, happened to you too, right?

So imagine if someone could actually do it. Now broaden your mind and imagine that an all girls' school teaches its special students this art form of making any guy dance to your tunes, quite literally with a kiss of love. *wink wink*

But your protagonist isn't like you and me. She believes that love that comes out of magic isn't real. She wants true love. 

Arrow Heart or The Love Curse by Rebecca Sky was a wonderful read. And I am eagerly waiting for book 2 in the series. I must add this that when I bought the book, it was known as Arrow Heart. So searching for part 2 I came across The Love Curse only to find it was the same book with a different name. Needless to say I was a little disappointed but eagerly awaiting for the next one.

And I, Manali Dey, would proudly give this book 5 out of 5 stars. Love you Rebecca Sky, please finish the next book fast... Pretty please!

No comments:

Post a Comment