Monday, March 30, 2020

Review Diaries (The King of the Sea: A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey by Nandan Gautam)

Name of the book- The King of the Sea: A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey by Nandan Gautam.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars and a big hug from my side.
My take on the book-
Have you ever read a book and said to yourself that I want to be friends with that person?
Like the way they have narrated the story made you feel like you have known that person for years now and are almost in the stage of being BFFS?
Well that's the kind of feeling I had after finishing this gem, like the writer, who wrote not only in prose and poetry but showed us a lot about him.
Like an autobiography we are taken on a journey in his past that's spans through the ages.
Coming back to the book, the cover is bound to hold your attention once you catch a glimpse of it in a crowded bookstore, even with every book there begging for your attention. Next will the blurb that will hold your attention and finally the book itself will seal the deal.
Having a hopping 41 parts this book will keep you on your toes the entire time but one line struck with me, when the captain said that nothing lasts for ever. These past days have been tough on my mental health but this book with all it's metaphysical goodness has breathed new life in me. 
It's a big book, which might seem daunting to a few but take my word for it- you will not be bored nor will you be able to put the book down, not even once.
Andrew Marvel and John Donne were my favorites during my grad years and that love affair went on even after my masters and boy oh boy, this book did them proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment