Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Office Diaries (Cough and Cold special)

How do you know if an event that you have been a part of is a success or not?
By the kind of reviews you get?
Nah those can be biased, bought and superficial.
Or may be by the kind of footfall the said event got?
Oh hells no, cause that number is based more on the availability of the other good events around you.
(Let me guess you now wanna know who kicked my cereal bowl that now I am in such a bad mood. Well the answer is no one, now stop distracting me and let me tell you the reason for this post)
You know your event has been a full blown success if even after two days of the final event you don't have a voice and all that comes out of your mouth are air sounds.
And that is how I know that the last event I was part of was such a huge hit.
Moving on, I came back to the office on Tuesday, for Monday I was on my sick leave.
And boy oh boy do people notice my lack of voice.
I have many well meaning colleagues offer me pearls of wisdom like drink hot tea, keep ginger in your mouth and many others. But even though I wanted to say thank you to all of them I couldn't cause I have lost my voice. So all I could do was make some whooshing sounds like the ones kids make when flying aeroplanes. Yeah I am preety sure I will be crowned at the Queen of Rudeness.
In comes my savior in dress-shirt and sheepskin shoes, one of my bosses whom if I may add I am dying to adopt as my brother. And the first thing he says is "Oh you poor kid, you got no voice" and voila!!! The rest of the village puts away their pitchforks and fire. I stand and give everyone a polite smile and go ahead with my work. 30 minutes in the office day my second boss comes in.
Her- Oh Hi Manali, how are you today?
Me(makes whoosing noises)
Her- Oh you have lost your voice.
Me(nods my head vigoriously)
And that is how may day has been so far and it's only 12 and my work gets over at 7:30 today. So yeah me!!!(heavy sarcasm)
PS remember the creepy guy I told you about? Yeah turns out he ain't creepy, just a bit snobby. But since he didn't judge me for forgetting his name every morning let's call him cubie, cause he sits in the opposite cubile to mine.
PPS a friend joined this office and she has a huge crush on cubie, let's hope it works out for them. For now I need another coffee. Off I go in my hunt for coffee, Oh Bless me Coffee Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment