Saturday, September 15, 2018

Poetry Diaries (How about a raincheck?)

How about a raincheck on that party you invited me to?
I know I said yes, but back then I didn't think things through.
How about a raincheck for my ridiculous break-up heartache ?
With someone I wasn't in a relationship, for I am a mere mistake.
How about a raincheck for all those compliments and pats that I missed out on,
And for years I thought I deserved only scorn.
How about a raincheck for that heads up I didn't get and thought I deserved,
For I was betting on a heart fully reserved.
How about a raincheck for being replaced by someone else,
Only to be taken for granted, kept aside and called in to take the second place.
How about I take a raincheck from all the voices in my head,
And take deep breath and knock them all dead!
So how about a raincheck?

No comments:

Post a Comment