Monday, September 24, 2018

Review Diaries (The Heartfulness Way by Daaji with Joshua Pollock)


Before I say anything about the book I would like to say a few things about me, the kind of a person I am. I have always been very religious but with a twist, my Gods were not just mere deities (yes you heard it right, mere deities) but they are my family. My Ma and Baba and Twin and Friend. And the other thing is I normally take three days max to finish any book. But this one I took almost 5 days to finish, for I didn't just read it once or twice, I read it 4 times. And the more I read the more it made sense.
I am someone who has been doing yoga for a long time and have been asked questions like "How come you talk so much? Isn't meditation supposed to make you talk less?"
I could never quite make them understand that meditation isn't about being silent or having less enthusiasm about things, it's about finding peace. Reaching your happy place or as described in the book to reach a "balance".
It doesn't matter if I jump around in joy or if I sit still the whole day. Finding your original balance is the important part. It is even mentioned that there is no difference between an undistracted mind and a settled mind. They are indistinguishable.
And coming back to the reason why I read it so many times, the first time I finished reading it I felt a bit of peace, which made me go back to it again and again. My personal experience with this book has been amazing and I would suggest it to others as well. Specially to all those who have the notion of the "right" way to be "silent".
So I, Manali Dey, will give The Heartfulness Way a big 5.5 out of 5. And a big thank you to both Daaji and Joshua Pollock.

No comments:

Post a Comment