Friday, September 21, 2018

Review Diaries(Cheaters by Novoneel Chakraborty)

If you have ever judged a book by its cover, you would love Cheaters for it looks stunning or at least it looked freaking incredible to me(may be cause I have very partial to the color red) but the name kinda made me rethink my plan to read it. I mean it's called Cheaters for crying out loud. And I for one, who has always been a big fan of black and white and not at all a fan of the grey area, abso-freaking-lutely hate cheating. I think it's unfair, underhanded and amoral. But reading this book made me rethink my judgemental take on things.
Firstly, I am someone who used to hate short stories and this book had 9 of them. All of them interesting, mind bogglingly so and all of them are about different definitions of cheating.
Sometimes you don't get closure from a relationship and you imagine scenarios where you do finally meet the other person and dream of properly putting that relationship to rest after a last hurrah! *wink-wink*. While at other times you do end up meeting that old flame but correct words don't come out to express your correct feelings about that unexpected meeting.
Sometimes the "other woman" is not to blamed for existing and can end up being a savior in disguise, while there are times when conjuring up "other" people is just what the doctor ordered to give a certain faulty ego a mighty blow.
Being taken for granted sucks and so does being put up on a freaking pedestal. So if you break a few rules to make yourself feel good again and ultimately be the old version of you but this time around you are someone who has lived a different story, no one should get to judge you.
And most importantly using role play to spice things up who hasn't done it, am I right or am I right?
So I, Manali Dey, will give Cheaters by Novoneel Chakraborty a big 5 on 5 stars. And a huge thank you hug, for I feel like a changed being who doesn't judge people (much, I still hate liars). I have always believed that self-love is the best love, for if you can't love yourself , you don't stand a chance to love others with all your heart.
So, love is love and feel free to spread it all around.
Incidentally I realized every time I read a Novoneel book I use a hell lotta cuss words…
What's up with that,huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment