Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Review Diaries (Tarikshir The Awakening by Khayaal Patel)

Question of the day - Stand alone or Series ?
When I read a book I read, eat, breathe and even sleep it. I imagine it all happening in front on me, not literally infront more like actively happening in my mind. And #Tarikshir takes the cake. Like OH MY GAWD (full Janice voice). The descriptions were amazing. Every single character was well thought out and very well established. It has everything that one expects in an epic. There is a King and Queen and a Prince and a kingdom big and strong. There are villains both living and undead. There are super powered allys and evil magical masters and a little bit of romance too.  I have read my share of modern day twist to old mythological stories of past but this one is the one that everyone should watch out for. A fast paced-page turner, this book will give you a taste of thriller mixed with folk stories and healthy dose of horror.
Nothing will be as it seems and good grief there is a major cliff hanger. Incidentally I finished this on on Halloween. Cue in the scary music.
Personally I loved the book, I enjoyed every single moment I spent with it. But I wanna talk about something IMPORTANT. Like the pros and cons of series VS stand alones with reference to #Tarikshir
Pros- Series are nice. They enlighten and entertain you with a lot if cool news, views and stories.
Cons- There are cliffhangers that make you wanna punch people in the face.
Arghs !!!
In simple words I loved the book and am excited for the next one. Hopefully it will be out soon. #fingerscrossed
So I, Manali Dey, will love to give Tarikshir The Awakening by Khayaal Patel a big 5 on 5 and big bribe of chocolates. Please write the next book soon or at least tell me what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment