Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Review Diaries ( AQSON Level 1 by SREEJIB.)

Name of the book - AQSON Level 1 by SREEJIB.
Status - Read, Loved and dying to read Level 2.
Stars- 100 out of 100.
About the book -
"Slowly, she sauntered towards Toya, stopped a few feet away, looked into Toya's eyes, and roared. It was an ear-splitting, feet-numbing, rib-shaking roar that promised death. This was the end of her, Toya knew.

This was how she would die. In this unknown museum at the hands of this Olympian lioness, and, she would never be found again."

When it became impossible to choose between God and Satan, angels decided to play games. Games that would help them pick the guardian angel of this world. Every warrior angel got divided into two teams, Team God and Team Lucifer.

Strict rules were implemented, an unusual map was designed and a council was set up to administer these games. Satan has commenced one such game called Aqson and set the Indian Prime Minister's position as the goal of this game.

Now, a completely unknown species will collide with humans to play a game where losing is not figurative. Angels will stoop to enter the grunge of Indian politics.
A grey eyed lioness will stop at nothing. And, a group of young boys and girls will be forced to rise above their identity to play and win Level 1 of Aqson.

Pick a side, because the game has begun. "

My take on it -
I really, really really, really, really loved it. This book, a freaking commitment phobic like me will happily marry and have kids with. I absolutely loved this one. The story isn't just about this fantasy world of Good vs Devil and God vs Satan. It also shows you all the basic human emotions of love and hatred, love and betrayal. It shows the real world and all it's reality. The veiled references are my favorite, they made me laugh out loud in a crowded metro, with some very angry stares and whispered attacks made my way. But I would do it again, cause it was worth it. I received this book when I was in my way out and but of course I took it with me. And I thoroughly enjoyed my day, though I don't remember much of it except this book is amazing. So now for a quick pros and cons -
Pros-
1. Love the friendship the characters share, it's relatable and enviable.
2. Its very fast paced but very clear in it's descriptions.
3. Not a single word is unnecessary in this 398 paged book.
4. If you love wit, (Wait who doesn't? Cause in laws don't count) you will fly too- as in fly into this book's arms.
5. Gives you a clean slate, cause good and bad are just perspectives.
Now we move in to the Cons and they are all very serious.
1. Book 1 doesn't come with Book 2.
2. I don't know when Level 2 will release.
3. Level 1 ended with a big cliffhanger, I need to know what happens next.
4. Give me some information on what happens next.
5. Have mercy in my nails, which I am eating cause I am at the edge of my seat... What's in store of Level 2.

So in short I would love to give this book all the stars in the world along with my savings and chocolate collection as long as I get to read Level 2 soon.
I hope you are listening to this!
QOTD - Name your favorite anti-heros, cause villain is such a harsh word-from Indian mythology. #badboysofIndianmyths
AOTD - My three absolute favorite bad boys are in this book, Ravan, Lucifer and Karna.
#bestbookof2019 #brightenedmy2019 #2019saved #mythology #myths #humanlore

No comments:

Post a Comment