Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Review Diaries (The Peshwa - The War of Deceivers by Ravi Sivasankaran)

Name of the book- The Peshwa - The War of Deceivers by Ravi Sivasankaran.
Status - Read and about to be read again.
QOTD - Have you ever been so involved in a book that you were ready to tackle a character in a hug of hug or death?
AOTD - Me? Oh yeah. All the time.
About the book-
Seven years have passed since Peshwa Bajirao Bhat annihilated the Nizam’s armies at Fort Mandu. The two forces have been engaged in attacks and skirmishes ever since. Acting on the advice of his right-hand man, the mysterious Anaamik Dabhade, the Peshwa now sets about laying a trap to truly ensnare the Mughals, and break their might.

The Empire, of course, has methods of its own. And Nizam Ul Mulk is itching for an opportunity to exact revenge of the formidable Bajirao. With assassins, saboteurs and criminals infiltrating the Maratha lands, the Mughal Empire scores as many victories in the night as the Peshwa does during the day.

Meanwhile, in the far reaches of the country, set ablaze by the never-ending conflict between these major powers, a Sikh warlord, a Rajput king and a Bundela princess find themselves increasingly tangled up in the endgame that will determine the very course of history. It is a battle of wits and skill, and the greatest deceiver of them all will prevail.

My take in it-
This is the second book in the series and I am real close to buying the first one. Not cause I didn't get the connection between the two books but cause I really liked this one, so going back to book one is like a no-brainer. Personally I am someone who has hated history after 7th grade. But even I stayed glued to the pages till the end and after a quick water break I am about to read it again, sleep - who wants or cares about it when you got such a cool book in your life. Ps I think I should mention that I have seen Bajirao Mastani and I hated it. I don't do well with cheating and infidelity but somehow I didn't even that much of negativity against those two. But yes many a times when Rao is talking I would hear his dialogues in my head in none other than Ranveer Singh's voice. *giggles*
All in all, I really liked the ass kicking those evil wrongdoers got. Hope book 3 will have them destroyed.
So I, Manali Dey, will love to give The Peshwa - The War of Deceivers by Ravi Sivasankaran a big 5 on 5 star and a big pat on the back. Thanks for making me like history again.

No comments:

Post a Comment