Friday, July 26, 2019

Review Diaries (The Chronicle of Golgotha Days by Sujith Balakrishnan)

Name of the book - The Chronicle of Golgotha Days by Sujith Balakrishnan.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
Honest confession, I cried big scary tears after finishing this book.
Hell I even called a few of my brothers up and spoke to them, needless to say I made them cry as well.
Imagine a world where a kid of sixteen is brutally abused day in and out that leaves her broken mentally, physically and emotionally. Wait, you don't need to for this book is based on a true story. I asked my brothers one question, 'How can someone hurt anyone like this?' and later I realized how wrong it was of me to question them. They have never been abusive to anyone and asking them how can a man do this to a little girl broke their hearts as well.
What can I say other than this that I will send one prayer for all the survivors of abuse and also one for the tormentors so that they can be come human beings instead of just looking like one.
This book made me very emotional so I would rather pen down a poem than say anything else.
Love made her do it all,
Starting from the blind faith to the heartbreaking fall.
She never knew trouble so didn't thinking of looking for it,
The warning signs that many ignored and she did repeat.
And got dragged by her hair to the depths of hell,
Without a soul around to share her anguished tale.
But then she came back to her shelter of the soul.
But the tongues of the society didn't toll.
Like many other cases they kept mum or played the blame game.
The old wicked wolf and little girl's crimes were the same.
Love, one for love of love and the other for money, power or greed may be.
But it doesn't matter cause it's only her mistake one can see.
A pray for a time when cruelty isn't a norm for the bigger,
Where only laughter, joy and peace linger.

No comments:

Post a Comment