Thursday, July 25, 2019

Review Diaries (Shhh! Don't Talk about Mental Health: Why Being Quiet Is No Longer an Option by Arjun Gupta)

Name of the book- Shhh! Don't Talk about Mental Health: Why Being Quiet Is No Longer an Option by Arjun Gupta.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
So firstly I think this is one of those books that everyone should read. Mental health is something that everyone should be concerned about. Physical health is something that we see everyone taking care of but we forget that our mind is the strongest as well as the weakest link in our body. Without proper care and love we might just make our mind our worst liability rather than make it our biggest strength.
As someone who has gone through a phase of acute depression at times I don't like it when people use words like OCD and depression lightly and ask the person going through it to 'get over it'.
I had lost 12 kilos in one week, I forgot to smile and almost got into an accident because I was busy getting my lines done. My parents and friends were a big help.
So I too would like to point out that if anyone ever needs someone to help them or even listen to them I am just a text or phone call away.

No comments:

Post a Comment