Thursday, June 7, 2018

Office Diaries (When your dream job changes color)

What do you do when you love books but are too broke to buy them?
1. You can steal them from other people (bad you)
2. You can steal from stores (yeah good luck with that, get caught and go to jail)
3. Steal from the author (in short piracy)
And I know the last one sounds the easiest but its the most unethical one too. Your heart breaks when you read that even though your favorite author wrote like the meatest work you have ever read but it doesn't become a best seller you think to yourself that may be that pirated copy you got lessened the sales and that is why this happened. (cue in the sad tunes).
So I get an idea, a genius one if I might add.
I join a bookstore. The idea was I will get to read my heart out, considering I will be in the bookstore throughout the day. No human interaction - all day long, it was like a dream come true for closet introvert of a heart. The whole day I will be surrounded by books and no one disturb me. The books in my hand, book-boyfriends in my heart and with the smell of new books in my lungs I will live my happily ever after every single day. No work day will be the same and all will be merry-merry all the day.
With this beautiful dream in my heart I go for my interview and tada I crack it too.
But it wasn't what I imagined it to be. Firstly, I wasn't working at the bookstore, so no to the books, no to the book boyfriends and no happily ever after. Secondly, I had to work with people. Yeah, the horrors!!! The entire day I was surrounded with people, had to talk to them and smile when all I wanted was to curl in the corner with a book and forget everyone. And the only good thing would have been getting free books cause working in a bookstore should have perks like this. I thought may be I will be getting paid in books. So I wait for the salary day with bated breath, but alas I get money. Oh it was so disappointing. 
So now I am broke, working all day, have to talk to people and I am without books. Why is this world such a hater of lovers and love storries. WHY!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment