Saturday, June 9, 2018

Review Diaries (Black Suits You by Novoneel Chakraborty)

bibliophile

noun

noun: bibliophile; plural noun: bibliophiles

a person who collects or has a great love of books.

synonyms:book lover; 

 informal -bookworm; 
rare -bibliomaniacbibliomanebibliolater

Yeah that's what I am. Guilty as charged.
And before I start writing this "review" diaries I would like to say something about myself, I am loud, brash and very opinionated. And have extreme emotions, either I love(then I will kill for them or it) or I simply hate (then I will bake marshmallows on them if they self-combust in front of me).
So yeah that's me and normally I blare my likes and dislikes to my own people on all things social media. And these tatti people of mine(quick note Bae is Danish for poop, so my bae people are my tatti people, my people are mine to love and mine to name).
So one of these dear darlings was going gaga over the author and since we have almost similar choices in our reading material (read we share our love for Sylvia Day, wanting to be Mrs.Cross and Beni Madhob) I thought I should give it a try too. Thus began my search for the perfect book to start with and me settled on Black suits You. And boy was I in for a surprise. I got the sample read from an online reading portal, while I was still in the office and what a mistake that was!!! But I am happy to report no mishaps happened, I, Manali Dey was not caught reading a psycho sexual thriller in the office.
Now if someone goes by the "don't judge a book by it's cover" moto they will not understand me not liking the fact that the cover had so much of green in it, but I gave it a try cause the blurb that I was suggested to read had already caught my attention. So, me with my new found money from the new job(at times adulting rocks) bought the book and started gorging even before my office day was up. And the story was cathartic, in all the right ways. Its one of those tales which takes you such a roller coaster ride of emotions that you fell spent after finishing it and experience peace within. In one word this book was not only soft smut but its a complete bookgasm material. The protagonist gave me butterflies in my stomach every time he smirks, his wayward ways made me wanna pull a Joey on this book by freezing the said offending book but I couldn't do for it was a PDF on my phone you see. Then when he gets in deep soup I cheered my head off(but silently cause I was in the office). In short I really loved my love-hate-lust-and back to love relationship that I shared with him, truth be told I am looking forward to cloning him in the near future for a friend with a few changes here and there(well what can I say I know what or whom I want to have around *major wink wink*)
In short I really loved the book.
It's not only emotionally arousing but also makes you feel and that I personally think is a star quality for any writer.
So I, Manali Dey, will give Black Suits You by Novoneel Chakraborty,
4.8 stars out of 5 and a big XOXO, cause I really enjoyed the mind trip.
Till next time, toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment