Wednesday, June 13, 2018

My Love

Today I saw her again,
She was all drenched in the rain.
Her sigh of relief made it clear and plain,
That the showers washed away all her pain.
Once an old friend from a state far away,
Came to visit me for a day.
He saw her with eyes so cold,
That I wondered how on Earth are we friends, truth be told.
He went on a triad and described everything that was wrong with my love.
She looked old, tried, and over worked, my poor darling dove.
Mumbai is glitzy, Delhi has it's fast pace,
Bangaluru has it's high package deal, your girl is simply out of the race.
I smiled at the face of his childlike ignorance,
And took a page out of her epic tolerance.
To show him my City of Joy, Books and Smiles.
We walked for miles and miles.
And took in the heritage sights of old.
He seemed speechless, when he stood there and my hand he took hold.
I love her too, he said almost like he was in a trance.
I gave him a superior look, Me looked arrogant at a glance.
But inside I was glowing like a proud momma told,
Her kid just won the celebratory gold.
I love my city, Calcutta or Kolkata, she is both alike.
One has the grace while the other is child-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment