Saturday, July 7, 2018

Life Diaries

Before I start my thinking out loud, let me take a minute and pray to the God's of all things social media. You all have made my life so good that it's almost scary.
*deep breath in* and *prayer started*.... and *done and done*.
So now that I have paid proper homage to these wonderful tools of our virtual lives I move on to why I feel this chirpy even when I am working on a Saturday.
Recently I was introduced to this particular book, the writer is a best seller but I was very apprehensive. In the past I have read a lot of books that were supposed to be very "ga-ga" worthy and have been gravely disappointed by them. So this friend/adopted mom of mine asked me to take a huge leap of faith and go for it.
And me being me jumped with my eyes shut close and with both my feet and hands in it. I Googled the living daylights of the said author and then I realized my dilemma, I was horribly confused. He had too many books to his name, so I text my friend.
Me- Dude what do I read?
Me- Bro I am going maddddddd.
Me- OMG!!! this can be happening to me.
Me(again)- This is a disaster.
Me(yet again)- What do I do now?
(Quick note- This situation of me not letting her talk and ranting on and on went on for quite sometime after which she texted me a screen-shot.
My darling girl knew the author and she had texted him saying that a friend(read me) is "confused"(read going bonkers) over which book to start off with.
He, being the awesome Scorpio that he is(which I later found out) replied with all the patience in the world(I envy his patience even more than I envy his writing awesome stories) that I should be given the basic list of all his books and given its short summary. I was like "Okay… On it"
So I went off to Google it all and selected a book and started reading the "sample"(read free part) that one get on a ebook downloading cite.
So I start reading when my friend texts and it turns out the book I had selected was part of a trilogy and I was reading book 3.
So like me, right?
So next I move on to a book that is a stand alone and boy did it give me whiplash.
I am ashamed I called the writer a few real choice words, wait!!! Not the writer in real like, more like his creation. The book I was reading had a writer as a protagonist and that character made me cuss out loud in a crowded metro(trust me I am still traumatized by that incident). Anyhu so after finishing the book I text the said author, for my friend had told me so much about him that it felt like I knew him already and he is dying to adopt me.
So I being the adrenaline junkie that I am send him a very risky text.
It said…
Wait for it…
Hi.

What! I didn't stop there.
I read your book and I really liked it.
PS you are gonna adopt me soon, you just don't know it yet.
Brave man he is for he is yet to block me.
But saddness in life is, he hasn't adopted me yet.
Darn it!
Wonder if he would help me write a rule book on how to get adopted by a Scorpio in 3 simple steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment