Friday, November 23, 2018

Review Diaries (An Old Enchantment by Amanda Browning)

An Old Enchantment by Amanda Browning.
Book 1 on my Mills and Boons #readathron and incidentally it's also the first Mills and Boons book I read when I started reading them during my first year in college.
Synopsis -
Maxi was the black sheep of the family, and her return was not welcomed. What hurt was her father's and sister Fliss's frostiness - that of Kerr Devereaux was of no consequence to her : he could believe the same, Maxi had to agree to Kerr's suggestion that they appear to be lovers. What was strange was his kiss - it was so familiar. And what was alarming was that she liked it - very much...
So back to my take on this book, I love it. Not only cause it was my first M & B but also cause it was an adorable romance. As we all know there are many different kinds of M & B s like Romance, Desire, Doctors, Royalty etc. My favorite till date is Romance. And this book has it in spades.
A strong heroine, who doesn't need some prince to save her. And on the other side of the ring we have a handsome hunk, with a huge chip on his shoulder. And whenever they are together sparks fly!!!
But wait, this isn't all sugar, spice and everything nice. There are bad men, silly jealous sisters and stiff-upper lipped fathers.
All in all, this brings back a lot of nostalgia cause I am pretty sure I ended up imagining my own Mr. Right to be like this chap.
So I, Manali Dey, will love to give An Old Enchantment 5 on 5 stars. Trust me, you will love it.
QOTD - How do you imagine your soul mate be?
AOTD - I want someone who understands, respects and encourages me. Cause anyone can fall in love with me (wink to the narssissist in me), cause I am too darn cute, but I need someone who not only rolls with my crazy but also knows when to rell me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment