Monday, November 12, 2018

Review Diaries (Regular Porridge by Sukanya Basu Mallik)

Question of the day - Have you ever been cut to ribbons by something you read?
I think that's not just the question of the day, it's more of a question of a life time.
I still remember the when I had my first brush up with war poems, Seigfried Sassoon. Our teacher had asked us to find one movie or story that potrays what war is for us. I choose' Saving Private Ryan', I still remember getting a star for my project.
But Regular Porridge by Sukanya Basu Mallik made me cry. Wars are fought not only by the soldiers, it effects the people around the war zone too.
For the past couple of days I have been caught up with things in a very materialistic way. You see it's my birthday coming up but now I feel so shallow about it all. I mean just imagine what can we do if suddenly our hometown is an active war zone.
The poems don't just make you feel things, it makes you realize that to never take peace and quite for granted.
I did love this book and given my deep love for poems I will gladly give Regular Porridge 5 on 5 and Sukanya Basu Mallik a warm hug. If I an this emotional just reading it, I can't imagine what you went through writing it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment