Saturday, December 1, 2018

Review Diaries (An Autumn Turmoil by Sourabh Mukherjee)

An Autumn Turmoil by Sourabh Mukherjee.
Status - 5 on 5 stars.
I am a Bengali, born and brought up in Calcutta. So this story is something I can relate to, on more than a 100 levels.
Synopsis -

Durga Puja is two weeks away and Kolkata is ready to burst into festivities. Abhishek arrives in Kolkata from Australia, along with his wife Atreyee. Shubho, an Engineering student, is his cousin. Atreyee is in desperate search of the passion that is missing in her marriage. Shubho loves his childhood sweetheart Jhimli, but finds the thrill missing in their relationship of years.
When Shubho and Atreyee meet, sparks fly. But what starts off as a secret festival romance soon gives way to jealousy and possessiveness. Will their passionate autumn romance change the lives of Shubho and Atreyee forever?

My take on it-
As I said before this story is something that talks about something very close to my heart. The rest of the world talks about Summer Time Love, while we Bengalis have our festive love times, like Durga Puja and Swaraswati Puja. Growing up I had seen many such festive love stories bloom, some made their way to a happily ever after, while others choose the never ever option. And the curious cat that I am always wanted to know what really happened. Many a times I got the story, while at others I was told I was too little to understand which is just a polite way of saying 'mind your own business'. But this story out here gives me closure, for all those times I didn't know what went wrong.
This is story about love, the one's we love, the one's who love us and finally the one's we would love to love. Give it read, trust me you will love it too.
So, I, Manali Dey will gladly give An Autumn Turmoil by Sourabh Mukherjee a big 5 on 5 stars and some much sort after rosogolla, read the book you will know what I mean.

Here’s tge link... 

An Autumn Turmoil https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07GXM724H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Ze5aCbKRG90HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment