Friday, December 21, 2018

Review Diaries (Tea Time For The Jilted Lover by Prachi Sharma)

Tea Time For The Jilted Lover by Prachi Sharma
Who likes thrillers???
I do.
Who likes an unputdownable book???
Meeee.
Who likes some serious twists and turns???
Again Me.
And if you are saying yes to all these questions, guess which book you would love???
Tea Time For The Jilted Lover by Prachi Sharma.

About the book-
Homi Palsetia is a bestselling and acclaimed thriller writer. Living in a posh bungalow in Pali Hill, he's also single, debonair and charming male, believing only in no-strings attached relationships for fun.

Having just released his seventh book, he feels he's being stalked by a woman who claims to be madly in love with him. He gets blackmailed on the phone, and feels someone is visiting him at night, spying on him.

The media says he's faking it to promote his book. He himself can't be sure.Things get more complicated when Czech-Spanish acclaimed author Alyna Escobar, from Castilla in Spain, comes into his life. Intelligent, bold and beautiful, she challenges his ways & makes him think about love and commitment. However, their camaraderie is threatened by the stalker, who claims to want Homi all for themselves.

Is Homi actually being stalked by an obsessed fan? Or it is part of his imagination? Will he change his Casanova-like ways for Alyna? Will Alyna accept him despite his history with women? If the stalker is real, what do they want? Will the police ever catch them? Will Homi learn their identity?

Now my take on it-
I had real fun with this book. Homi kept reminding me of this twin of mine, who I have recently adopted. I mean who doesn't like a charming guy, who oozes with confidence, is easy on the eye and writes like a Champ. Homi is likeable, may be a little too much. He is one of those broken bad boys who very girl dreams of fixing, without being bad. He drinks tea, (me likey), can cook (me likey even more) and has a chip on his shoulder (me likey way too much). He is someone you really wanna be friends with. Now I loved the narrative and the easy flow of the story. Be it bringing a new character in or exploring their interests, the author has done a good job. The crimes are well executed, opps, I mean explained and the descriptions are very vivid. Inshort I loved it.
So I, Manali Dey, would love to give Tea Time For The Jilted Lover by Prachi Sharma a big hopping 4 out of 5 stars and a big pat on the back. Grear Job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment