Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Review Diaries (Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer by Ryan Suvaal)

QOTD - Do you ever decide to read a book by seeing it's cover or reading the name?
AOTD - Actually this is my answer for as long as I live, hell to the yeah... So when I was asked if I would be interested in this book, I nodded. You might fell like what's so strange about it, you see I was over a mail and I went on nodding cause that's how excited I was. And it was one wild ride!!! It was amazingly beautiful and nerve wreckingly exciting.
About the Book-
Fireside Chat with a Grammar Nazi Serial Killer: A psychological thriller with a female protagonist by Ryan Suvaal. This psychological thriller with a female protagonist is a short story, 7000 words long. The book is currently available as pre-order on Amazon, and is going live on 21st December this year, across all marketplaces. You can pre book it at  - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L8J4SYJ

Seventeen gruesome killings across the United States, within a span of six months and there was one clear connection among victims. They were all book authors.
While media was decorating the murders with sensationalist stories, and law enforcement was playing catch-up, the homicidal maniac remained elusive and secretive.
Things got very interesting, however, when one day she decided to appear on an internet talk show for an honest fireside chat. Her reason for being on this show was not a quest for fame, but something much more disturbing.
Now my take on it-
I didn't like it or love it, I simply adored it. A female serial killer, who has style and class and sass all working for her... What more can I ask to make it worth my while? Oh I know I know. It's gotta have an amazing story line and good flow and some interesting twists. And guess which boxes this book ticks on... All of them.
I loved it.
Don't believe me? Here's an excerpt from the book-

So, one evening, when we were all in our rooms, my foster mom sent a WhatsApp message to my foster grandpa that read, “Let’s eat, Grandpa,” an innocuous message to call Grandpa downstairs for dinner. He liked to have dinner early. Except she made two mistakes. First, instead of sending this to Grandpa, she sent it to our internal family group. And, second, she forgot the comma in the message. She sent, “Let’s eat Grandpa.”
Can you see where this is going? Each one of us gets the message, “Let’s eat Grandpa,” just before dinner time. And we were a family of cannibals. You can imagine what happened after that. A small grammatical mistake can lead to disastrous outcomes.

This was an awesome read that gets 7 out of 5 stars!!! I heart you, girl (from the book of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment