Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Review Diaries (The Mysterious Widows of Mehboobpura By Anuradha Singh)

Name of the book - The Mysterious Widows of Mehboobpura
By Anuradha Singh.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
Ever read a book that made you cry and also cheer at the same time?
This book did it for me.
I am someone who comes from a family where everyone is in service, some branch or another. And I kid you not it's scary. Looking back at my childhood, I never knew what a Sunday was. You see my Bapu, a cop didn't have any regular off days. So for me Sunday was a no-school day.
Now coming back to the story, the courageous women who day in and day out take care of the home and the world and all the while they are doing all this in the background. They go through so much, the fear of their loved ones fighting for the country, the anxiety of getting a phone call, the pain of hearing the news of their loved ones not making it. And to top it all bad-bad-bad men are trying and many times succeeding in taking advantage of them.
But boy oh boy, how they take back the power.
I really loved the book and am giving it a big candy floss from my private collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment