Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Review Diaries (History of Ancient India Revisited, A Vedic-Puranic View by Omesh K. Chopra)


Book - History of Ancient India Revisited, A Vedic-Puranic View. 
Author - Omesh K. Chopra.
Stars given - 4 out of 5 stars.
My take on the book-
For those out there who know me and are smirking seeing that I am, without any poking of any sort, reading a book on history… go away. This book was kinda interesting.
Currently I am reading a lot of books regarding history of India, be it of the ancient times or middle ages or modern days. I  reading it all and this one gave many different ideas about things I read an far. There were times the reading felt a bit monotonous, but I opted to have some coffee and then dive back in. The language of the book is very straight. Many of the things mentioned here is still on my mind and coming Wednesday I intend to ask my history teacher to talk more about it. Sometimes I feel history should be taught like a story book is read and not made into a big scary text book that needs to be feared. The chapter division was distinctive and thus one can simply pick and choose what to read first.
Needless to say I throughly enjoyed this read.
PS what's your favorite reading accessory?

No comments:

Post a Comment