Saturday, November 2, 2019

Review Diaries (The Camphor of Night by Samir Satam)

Name of the book - The Camphor of Night by Samir Satam.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
So November is my absolute favorite month and this the first book I read in my most favorite month of the year. Needless to say I am happy and all very giggly and if this is any indication of how my month is going to go, reading wise…. I am in for a treat.
Amazing collection of poems and the emotions are there, filled to the brim.
I took this one with me to class today and a fellow student asked if I was reading a book on photography, cause cover really catches the eye.
And no points for guessing that she is getting a copy for her birthday.
The only problem I had was with the lack of rhyme there was in this book. 
Does it mean that the essence of the poetry is lost?
No, but for me rhyme is the key to an amazing poem.
QOTD - What's your favorite season?
Mine is winter, specially in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment