Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Review Diaries (Life in the Sunshine :Autobiography of an Unknown Cricketer by T. Sathish

Name of the book - Life in the Sunshine : Autobiography of an Unknown Cricketer by T. Sathish
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
I really like it. Being a kid from the 90's this brings back some fond memories. Well I used to watch cricket, to be honest I was a somewhat of a frantic viewer. I used to watch it sorely so that I could debate with my brothers. Hey don't yahoo dare judge me, I was the only girl around and the youngest at it too. So imagine someone sharing their funny stories about the game and you are bound to take a step back into your old good old days. I know I did. The narrative is not only humorous and fun, it's very relatable and realistic. I kept going back to the time when I went to our strict neighbor who never gave my brothers and balls that went into her garden. So I was what 5 or 6 years old, I marched upto her house and used my best smile and asked for the runaway ball. She not only gave me all the ones she had collected over the years but also gave me mangoes and guavas.
So I would happily give this book my seal of approval.
Ps while reading I was left stunned for a second, don't know why but the page numbers were flying somehow. Like 184 was followed by 197.
QOTD- Any childhood memory that makes you wanna go back to unadulti
ng?


No comments:

Post a Comment