Monday, March 11, 2019

Review Diaries (Shh! Sidepiece Be Quiet by Victoria Kirby)

Name of the book - Shh! Sidepiece Be Quiet by Victoria Kirby
Stars given- 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book -
Let's be honest, we always say don't ya judge a book by it's cover but always end up doing it anyway. I picked this one up cause of the name. I thought it might be one sarcasm filled read but boy oh boy was I surprised. It's more like a coming of age book. Imagine having the birds and bees stories retold only this time around it's more honest and vivid in it's details. The first page kinda gives you a taste of what to expect and what yeaps it doesn't let you down. But yeah there were times when I felt a bit like a intruder, like I was trespassing into someone's private conversation or something. It's like getting advice, granted very one sided, from a senior who knows the world. Like girl I have made all sorts of mistakes, so do yourself a favor - a big one and learn from my mistakes so that you don't make them again and we can put an end to this vicious circle of mistakes. I am someone who is used to the old classics, hell even my Mills and Boons are older than me. So the language at times took me by surprise but yeaps it was a fun read.
QOTD - How do you kick Monday blues' ass? 

No comments:

Post a Comment