Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Review Diaries (Killing Time In Delhi by Ravi Shankar Etteth)

Name of the book - Killing Time in Delhi by Ravi Shankar Etteth
Stars given - 5 on 5 with some gold biscuits and tea served on platinum plates.
My take on the book -
If anyone had told me before that I would read, let alone like reading about the rich and famous, I would have said - Hell to the freaking no!
Call me mean, but all those 'rich problems' don't seem like problems to me. Had I been rich I would have been like, I am upset - Let's buy a few hundred books and gets lots of puppies and eat some bubble gum pizza and alls happy. But this book made me see my mistake, just cause the rich cry in their ten thousand count handkerchiefs and then sniff some white powder (wink wink) or have some 'grown up' juice with an high alcohol content don't mean they aren't human beings who deserve my sympathy. The sharp wit and sparkling sarcasm of the writer made my day. The cover is gorgeous and catches the eye but the narrative doesn't let you take bathroom breaks. It's needless to say I liked this book, cause I really did. But the question is how will the tea taste in those platinum cups I wonder. I wish I could be friends with the author and get pointers for sharpening my talons and making my work the ultimate thing in sarcasm.
QOTD - What is the most extravagant thing you own?

No comments:

Post a Comment