Monday, October 28, 2019

Review Diaries (Kuhu Kolotan by Hira Dasgupta)

Book - Kuhu Kolotan
Author - Mrs. Hira Dasgupta
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
This is a beautiful collection of poems by not one or two but a plethora of people. Thus this book guarantees that one is spoilt which choice. There is something for everyone and trust me once you start this one you will surely see it too.
All the poems are very interesting.
You can take one poem from one poet and see what they think about a particular situation. There were times when I went to my Mimi and read these poems out. Needless to say she was impressed and very happy to see me read Bengali poems.
Books like these make people of my generation become more interested to read in their mother tongue. Don't get me wrong classics are good and great in their own way, but sometimes reading something with a tinge of your own time familiarity goes a long way.
I personally will ask everyone who can read Bengali to give this one a try.
PS happy Bhai dooj peps.
No question of the day today, I just hope everyone has a wonderful time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment