Friday, October 11, 2019

Review Diaries (When the Haboob Sings by Nejoud Al-Yagout)

Name of the book - When the Haboob Sings by Nejoud Al-Yagout.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars and a big Go Girl…
My take on the book-
I read this one and oh my heart, I loved it.
Freedom of speech is such a big part of my definition of freedom.
Yes, there are times when peps take it a little bit further and pour out the meanness of their soul. I personally believe that one should avoid that.
But on the other hand, there are situations where people look the other way, instead of raising their voices.
I am someone who is very vocal about things, be it about the good, the bad or the very ugly.
The protagonist faces many problems due to her being vocal about something that the society deems a subject that one should not touch.
There were times when I just wanted to get in the book and beat people up (not that violence is good, they they were mean) and at times I wanted to hug her.
Overall me really likey
QOTD - Have you ever gotten into trouble for raising your voice?
Ans- I was asked to get down from the bus when the girl I raised my voice for kept mum and the creep said I was being cray-cray and people supported him.

No comments:

Post a Comment