Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Review Diaries (Shakuni by P D Gopal Jain)

Name of the book - SHAKUNI (AN OATH FOR REVENGE) by P D GOPAL JAIN.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
Growing up, we all had heard of the cunning Shakuni Mama.
He was the most hated character in Mahabharata, almost equally if not more than Duryadhan. I still remember having to read Mahabharata and complaining to my Mimi about it. My Mimi, from whom I inherited my love for books told me different side of the story. She said imagine your most favorite person in the world has to suffer for someone else, what will you do. I being me said, I will remove this bad person, Mimi smiled and said that is what Shakuni did. He didn't want his sister to be married to the blind king and promised to destroy the whole of Kaurav, which he eventually did.
QOTD - Do you like any non-heros or anti-heros like I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment