Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Author Interview (Priyanka Khetawat)

Question 1- What made you want to write and choose this particular topic?
Writing is something, which is closer to my heart. It helps me express my desire and I write what I  feel in my heart. I don't know how, but since my childhood I had a overpower imagination, and it usually brings a smile to me. I find peace in writing. I choose this particular topic because, fictional stories which have the flavor of mystery, suspense, and little philosophy thrills me. And these things you can find in my novel. My book has life long lessons, with so much mystery that if you read one page then you will be curious to read the next page. The history and civilization with different ideology excite readers to find more about those people. Importantly the journey which is involved in finding.


Question 2 - If not a writer, how will you express yourself creatively?
If not a writer, I would be a painter. In my school days, I was so interested in painting that I use to observe everything from a different perspective and also attempt to draw my views on an unusual topic in an abstract format.  Thereby definitely a painter.

Question 3- Your inspirations?
When I talk about it ordinarily, then off course my parents. My mom is the greatest motivation for me, she uses to say, 'do something that you are proud of, and the thing you like doing. You only have to decide what you want." I've seen my dad struggling with a smile on his face and providing me with everything I required, without any complaint.
When it comes to writing, the person whom, I see every day in the mirror (myself). Inspiration can come from anywhere; a news story; a thing somebody says; anyplace at all. I think I write because I want to leave something behind, a body of practice that’s considered as a motivation for others. My own hang-ups. The desire to get something down on paper that I can feel in my gut. I was a lonely child, it leads to the development of my overpower imagination.



Question 4 - Your go-to genre?
I like well written fictional books which should be a combination of mystery, philosophy, and suspense. I read philosophical books also, but it should contain relatable metaphor with stories.



Question 5 - All time favorite book?
‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho. I still remember the time when I was in my seventh class and decided to start reading my first fiction novel. Paulo Coelho writes philosophical and mystical fiction. All his books are written in a way that widens the reader's outlook by taking them on a journey through the eyes of a character who discovers a deeper viewpoint of themselves and humanity through their life experience. As I started reading the book, I could not put it down. I was curious to know the journey of the boy and how it ends.
Have I liked all his books? No! There were times when I have finished one of his books and tried to reason as to why would he have written something like this. But does that make him a bad author? No! Every author has their wins.
So, if you are set out to read one of his books, do give it a try. You will not be disappointed.


Question 6 - If you could talk to any personality, dead or alive, who will it be?
The creator inside me wants to converse with Alan Taylor. I will try convincing him that the narration of my book is ideal for making a movie, and also I will make a pact with him, regarding converting all my books into a movie. I'll love to see how he gives life to the characters, it's like all appears to live.

The writer inside me wants to sit beside Shakespeare and do a brainstorm. I’d need about an hour of drinking coffee beforehand, though. I’ll be taking a LOT of notes.

The compassionate me wants to talk with Mother Teresa, we will unitedly try to help people and make the world a better place, by giving humans a gift of humanity. I want to equip here skills and learn how to channelize my compassion.



Question 7- Any pointers for newbie writers?
Write for youself, don't get attracted towards market scenario's or just for the sake of random story. Listen to your innerself, because a entire creative universe stays within you. Don't get discourage when nothing is coming to your mind, just leave it there, ideas should not be rotten one. Imagination takes time, and importantly don't let flavour of metaphor checked out from your ingredient list of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment