Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Review Diaries (TALES FROM BENGAL by SOURISH ROY)


Name of the book -
TALES FROM BENGAL by SOURISH ROY.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book-
So had someone asked me a year back, if I like short stories or not. My answer would have been a big, fat resounding "NOT".
Things have changed and so have my choice.
Now I look at short stories, as bite sized pieces of delicacies that need to be taken in short amounts to enjoy them fully.
The cover has a quintessential Bengali feel to it. You see trams and can almost hear the hustle and bustle of Esplanade or Dharmotola.
So as a full on Bengali, I have a habit of using certain Biengali words when I am explaining something to someone who knows bangla. Hell I even force my non-bengali speaking friends learn a few words cause sometimes it's more fun in Bangla.
Loved every one of the 9 stories.
It was like having a chat with a friend.
Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment