Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Review Diaries (Dear People,With Love and Care, Your Doctors: Heartfelt Stories about Doctor-Patient Relationship by Dr.Debraj Shome and Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker

Name of the book - Dear People, with Love and Care, Your Doctors: Heartfelt Stories about Doctor-Patient Relationship by Dr.Debraj Shome and Dr.Aparna Govil Bhasker.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.
My take on the book -
I am someone who is an awful patient, no honestly I am.
I am always contrary, hypochondriac on steroids and paranoid about everything happening to me.
I have seen way too many doctor series, read too many books with doctors as heros, and also have had personal experience.
I am a very accidental prone person and have had many stitches, torn ligaments and scrapped knees. I always get a good talking to after I get patched up by my family physician. But most importantly this book gave me a line that has changed my outlook towards this nobel profession. A quote from the book, 'Why are doctors put on a pedestal we possibly don't want or need?" by Dr. Tejal Lathia.
Needless to say next time I see him, which will hopefully not be in some time near future, I will behave myself and try and leash in my sarcastic humor.
QOTD- Do you have a favorite doctor, fictional or non fictional.
AOTD - McDreamy is my fictional boyfriend for a long time

No comments:

Post a Comment